ARTICLE VI. COMMITTEES
A. The following standing committees are permanent bodies. Additional standing committees may be added by approval of the General Membership through the amendatory process. Only voting members in good standing may serve on standing and ad-hoc committees.
- Education / Membership – Maintains membership rolls and actively pursues growth in the ranks of Party membership. Facilitates the building of coalitions, and community awareness and understanding of the Party. Strives to increase membership diversity. Organizes external and internal education events. Serves as liaison to student Greens and addresses ways students can actively contribute to Party actions. Coordinates trans-campus activities. Appoints, by regular consensus, a temporary Volunteer Coordinator as needed from among its members.
- Media / Web – Responsible for the production and distribution of press releases, letters to other organizations, brochures, community calendars, television and radio commercials, and other promotional or informative materials as directed by the Party. Responsible for ensuring a constant, quality web presence. In conjunction with the IT Admin, keeps the website and social media presence current, and promotes links with other appropriate sites.
- Fundraising / Legal – Responsible for raising funds for Party activities, including the planning and implementation of fundraising events, campaigns and pursuit of individual contributors. In conjunction with the Treasurer, ensures Party compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Government Watchdog – Monitors local government activities. Attends public hearings and workshops as needed. Proposes alliances, cooperative agreements and actions to the General Membership for approval.
B. Ad Hoc Committees:
- Ad hoc committees may be formed and dissolved by the Board for short-term needs or projects.
- Ad hoc committee Chairs are elected by their committee members but are not to be considered voting members of the Executive Board.
C. Meeting Frequency: All committees will determine the frequency in which they need to meet to fulfill their responsibilities, except: the meeting frequency of any committee may be prescribed by the Executive Board, if deemed necessary to meet the committee’s responsibilities.
D. Powers and Duties of Standing Committee Chairs: Chairs of the defined Standing Committees shall:
- Serve as voting members of the Executive Board.
- Serve as the liaison between Standing Committees and Executive Board.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the committee is fulfilling its purpose, and regularly report to the Executive Board and General Membership progress of the committee in fulfilling said purpose.
- No person may simultaneously chair more than one (1) standing committee.
- Subcommittees may be formed under a standing committee to serve a niche purpose related to the mission of the committee by members of the standing committee.
- Subcommittees may elect any number of chairs to serve as spokespersons for the subcommittee to the standing committee and General Membership.
- Subcommittees follow all rules and regulations of their standing committee.
- Subcommittees may be dissolved by consensus of subcommittee members.
F. The Party Co-Chairs shall serve as members ex officio of all committees.