Hampton Roads Green Party Minutes 10/25/20 @ 12N
FreeConferenceCall: Dial-in number (US): (978) 990-5354 Access code: 6059398# Online meeting ID: hrgp
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/hrgp
For additional assistance connecting to the meeting text ‘Call Me’ to the Dial-In number above and you will be called into the conference. Message and data rates may apply.
- Establish Quorum
- Assign Facilitator
- Assign Notetaker
- Take Attendance/Introductions
Steffanie Aubuchon, Blaizen Bloom, Kyle Rockett, Tina Rockett
- Approve Minutes of Last Meeting
2) Officer/Committee Reports
- Co-Chairs – Tina Rockett (acting) – Veer Magazine Ad for Hawkins/Walker Write-in Campaign
Veer Magazine ad release on October 16, included color and preferred placement. Tina was on HearSay with Cathy Lewis (WHRO) representing the HRGP, spoke on Hawkins Write-in Campaign and the importance of the Green Party. Potential GPVA Collaboration with Victoria Ronnau and VNDER? If not, HRGP might work with them instead? Tina and Kyle called in to HearSay with Cathy Lewis and the Board of Elections Commissioner to confirm how to write-in Howie Hawkins and preserving ballot images.
- Treasurer Report – Steffanie Aubuchon
$518.56 currently, $90 yet to be paid for Veer Magazine Advertisement with a cashiers check? Quarterly pac reports have been filed. Paypal won’t suffice for gathering required info for donations.
- IT – Blaizen Bloom Chair – Website Hosting
In person get together to finish the website soon.
- Education and Membership – Tina Rockett Chair –GPVA Brochure/postcard opportunity: HRGP Logo redesign interest – Blaizen (new postcards needed soon)
Blaizen Logo redesign on hold? Decision to be made by the next meeting on if a new logo will be developed and if new postcards to be ordered will include a new or old logo.
1) Youth Outreach – Chair: Blaizen
No acting secretary
- Gov’t Watchdog Committee
k) GPVA Update – Tina Co-Chair – GPVA business meeting today, Sun., Oct.25th; GPVA dues $36; update profile reviewed date annually
GPVA business meeting later today at 1pm. GPVA Dues $36yr/$3month recommended, though members can pay more or less. Questions posed: Will an automatic reminder be sent out by the system for members to renew their membership? How will we assess if a member is 17 or under?
1) Blaizen – GPVA Press Secretary (elected 8/8/20); Hawkins/Walker Write-In Campaign in VA
Four press releases during tenure. Published sample right-in ballot and how-to write-in Howie Hawkins Video.
l) GPUS National Delegate/Media Committee Update – Tina (reelected Jan. 18, 2020): GPUS Ethics Proposal pulled until after election is over
Ethics amendment proposal has been pulled due to lack of time for discussion until after the election. Media committee has been focused on publicizing local actions on candidates.
3) HRGP/GPVA Candidate Updates – GPVA Independent candidate Kiesha Preston for Roanoke City Council (campaign still in progress); Blaizen: Update on being VA-04 Youth Representative-Elect
Not much information to be provided, Blaizen to share more information about organization and how to learn more.
4) Previous Month Events/Endorsements/Sponsorships
5) Upcoming Events
6) Future Event Suggestions:
a) Virtual meet and greets (previously proposed by Blaizen)
a) Socially distanced GLB? “Exercising” Freedom of Speech
b) GLB request from HR MASK – tbd – #HRMASK #LongLiveShaq (10-20 brigadiers)
c) Move To Amend City Resolutions to overturn Citizens United – Blaizen (Chesapeake); Tina and Kyle (Norfolk); Other volunteers?
d) Puerto Rico video presentation: Colonization is Extinction online event – invite VACOLAO/HRCPP Others?
7) General Discussions
8) Peace/Anti-war Coalition – Hampton Roads Coalition for Peace and Planet
Treaty on Nuclear Prohibition has been ratified by final needed member states, prohibiting the use and production of nuclear weapons.
9) Next Monthly Meeting: Sunday, Nov 15th? @ 2-4pm (location TBD – Town Point Park, Norfolk/FreeConferenceCall?)