Hampton Roads Green Party Agenda 1/17/21, 2-4pm
FreeConferenceCall: Dial-in number (US): (978) 990-5354 Access code: 6059398# Online meeting ID: hrgp
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/hrgp
For additional assistance connecting to the meeting text ‘Call Me’ to the Dial-In number above and you will be called into the conference. Message and data rates may apply.
- Establish Quorum
Established with 4 members
- Assign Facilitator
- Assign Notetaker
- Take Attendance/Introductions
Blaizen Bloom, Steffanie Aubuchon, Kyle Rockett, Tina Rockett
- Approve Minutes of Last Meeting – December holiday, no meeting/minutes
Approved November Meeting Minutes
2) Officer/Committee Reports
- Co-Chairs – Tina Rockett (acting) proposal to become signatories on the Joint Statement: World Says No To War On Yemen; Signing on to Virginia Network for Democracy and Environmental Rights (I will contact Victoria Ronnau this coming week); Save Rassawek statement; Letters to Virginia Mayors to join Mayors for A Guaranteed Income – Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney is a member calling for funding via debt-free public money as called for in the Greening the Dollar platform and the NEED Act – I have a letter from Howard Switzer (GPUS BMRC) to use as a template. Website: Mayors for A Guaranteed Income: mayors for agi.org
Consensus to sign-on to “Joint Statement: World Says No To War On Yemen”. Tina will contact Victoria about a potential conference call to discuss questions about partnering with VNDER. Blaizen will contact the local tribe affected by the proposed water pump station at Rassawek historic site for press-release. Howard Switzer sent information about “Mayors for A Guaranteed Income” based on Greening the Dollar, urging mayors to support and send letters to the editor. RCV for localities (7/1/21-7/1/31) start with Chesapeake, Blaizen and Steffanie will lead.
- Treasurer Report – Steffanie Aubuchon
Total balance: $425.56 and quarterly reports have been filed.
- IT – Blaizen Bloom Chair – Website Hosting
Website still needs donate buttons, but otherwise is doing pretty well. Steffanie will ask Kirit how to do PayPal political donations online.
- Education and Membership – Tina Rockett Chair – GPVA Brochure/postcard opportunity: HRGP Logo redesign interest – Blaizen (new postcards needed when events resume)
Blaizen will look into sending emails out over email lists to begin advertising events.
1) Youth Outreach – Chair: Blaizen
Blaizen has been speaking at Chesapeake School Board on his own.
- Secretary (open)
- Gov’t Watchdog Committee (open)
- Media (open)
k) GPVA Update – Tina Co-Chair – Next GPVA Business Meeting, tentative date 1/31/21 – elections for non-male Co-Chair; Webmaster; Listserv Moderator; Treasurer; inquiries about starting Locals in Richmond, Manassas Park (Prince William County) and Washington County, VA (Facebook); Joe Bongiovanna – former GPUS BMRC representative is collaborating on new Monetary Reform platform and model bill, still active GPVA member; GPVA dues $36/yr or as able; update “profile reviewed” date annually
Nobody has been nominated or self-nominated for State positions yet. Potential new affiliated Washington County GP local has been actively organizing and posting to social media.
1) Blaizen – GPVA Press Secretary (elected 8/8/20);
Has released statement condemning Capital Riots and calling for electoral reform. Working on a statement against Maryland Fracked Gas Pipeline to be approved by Maryland Green Party joint statement.
l) GPUS National Delegate/Media Committee Update – Disaffiliation of GPAK vote passed for affiliation violations
The Green Party of Alaska has been voted for disaffiliation by a large majority of the National Committee.Alaska Greens are reorganizing new leadership and state party plans.
3) HRGP/GPVA Candidate Updates – We need some! Blaizen: Update on future campaign and being VA-04 Youth Representative-Elect: Potential Candidate: Charlotte Rose?
Brittany Wilkins (Newport News) potential new member and candidate for local office like City Council. Awaiting info from Charlotte about potential run as a Green. Blaizen has been sworn in as VA-04 Youth Representative and is an independent and self-proclaimed Green in the Youth House. Potential school board candidacy for Blaizen in Chesapeake for the 2022 election cycle.
4) Past Month Events/Endorsements/Sponsorships
5) Upcoming Events – Jan. 25th World Says No War on Yemen protests in support as signatories; Allies: Catholic Worker and PAX Christi Hampton Roads –11am – 12:30 pm January 22nd at Victory Arch Monument, Newport News Celebration of #NuclearBan Entry Into Force protests https://fb.me/e/1ZRtLDIsL
Release signing and statement against War on Yemen on the 25th. Potential Green Light Brigade on 22nd with allies Catholic Worker and PAX Christi Hampton Roads.
6) Future Event Suggestions:
a) Virtual meet and greets (previously proposed by Blaizen)
a) Socially distanced GLB
b) GLB request from HR MASK – tbd – #HRMASK #LongLiveShaq (10-20 brigadiers)
c) Move To Amend City Resolutions to overturn Citizens United – Blaizen (Chesapeake); Tina and Kyle (Norfolk); Other volunteers?
d) Puerto Rico video presentation: Colonization is Extinction online event – invite VACOLAO/HRCPP Others?
7) General Discussions
8) Peace/Anti-war Coalition – Hampton Roads Coalition for Peace and Planet
Still actively sharing posts with a few new page likes this month; FB page being managed by Tina and sometimes Garret.
9) Next Monthly Meeting: Sunday February 7th or 14th @ 2-4pm (location TBD/FreeConferenceCall?)
Tentative Date February 7th